InsightsClient Story - Powers of Attorney - POSTED: April 28 2015
“Making a Difference” – Dan & Mary
- Share this article
- Print this article
- Dan, 91 and Mary, 83
- Mary had been managing their finances for the past 60 years but her health had been deteriorating and Dan had recently been diagnosed with dementia.
- The couple needed help with their property and their finances.
- Brachers put in place property and affairs lasting powers of attorney for both Dan and Mary. The couple appointed two partners at Brachers to act as their attorneys.
- We arranged automatic payment for all of the couple’s household bills.
- Brachers organised and implemented a 24 hour care package for Mary in her declining health.
- During Mary’s illness, Brachers made arrangements for alterations to the family home to be made, which allowed Mary to stay in her own home.
- Sadly Mary passed away seven months after we took control of their affairs. Dan asked for help arranging Mary’s funeral and we continue to support Dan. He has a secure care package in place.
- Alterations to the house allowed Mary to stay in the comfort of her own home during her illness.
- Brachers have taken full care and responsibility of the couple’s property and finances which has given them financial security and peace of mind.
- Elderly & Vulnerable, Private Client
Can we help?
Take a look at our Powers of Attorney page for useful information, resources, guidance, details of our team and how we may be able to help you
Get in touch
Please fill out the below form or alternatively you can call us on 01622 690691